Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I seriously can't find my Blog....

I really did used to blog. I remember the last post I did. It was an epic..but not really..post about moving out of my parents' house and going to college here at CofC. I am pretty sure I went on this ridiculous rant about the disaster that took me a whole month to clean up while I was packing, and then how amazingly clean my room was when I finished. Yeah, it was really good quality stuff. An interesting read by ANY standards.

Here's the thing!...I went to go find that blog, and I have NO IDEA where it is. That last post was 4 years ago, and somehow the internet and blogosphere have changed significantly. I am pretty sure it was on Blogspot, which is just "Blogger" now, but I have no clue what my log in was. It is actually pretty aggravating.

Anyway, I figured I would make a comeback. A great deal has changed since that last AMAZING post I wrote, that was so full of relevant content. HA. Gotta love sarcasm.

Now to the real stuff--enough reminiscing.

Whenever I get on my FB I see things like this ----------------------->
and I just can't even stop myself from reposting. It is just so true, and on so many levels. Beyond that of just politics. This can be as simple as issues in the household--those common double-standards.

 For example:

There is this married couple, and the wife INSISTS that the husband put the toilet seat down after he is finished using the bathroom. Instead the husband refuses, and in turn, INSISTS that the wife put the toilet seat UP after she uses the bathroom. 

Why is it that when men ask women to put the toilet seat up for men it is so offensive?? All they are doing is asking you to do what they have done for you for who knows how long. And you can judge me all you want but this IS an example of what the pic says. Women complain and make a big deal (become oppressed) over this, yet it is over having to do something that men have already been doing (another group gaining rights you've always had).

Of course, it can be a lot bigger than that, I'm just saying that this statement is true in even the smaller arenas of life as well, and a lot of people fail to realize/understand that.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good morning, and all of my fellow CofCers...Have a good first day of class!!!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment